Sunday, September 21, 2008

Chicken & Rice Soup, 3 WW points per serving

I slaved all day today to prepare dinner. I made Chicken and Rice Soup in the crockpot (that I swear I got from here but I can't find the recipe there now). I spent about 4 minutes chopping veggies, 2 minutes putting all the ingredients in the crockpot, and then the next few hours going to church and then out to lunch and shopping with my family. When we got home, the house smelled wonderful. The soup looks pretty good - I am looking forward to eating it in a few hours!

The recipe: (I might have altered this slightly from the original, I'm not sure. Also, I was short on onion but had leeks, so I added some of the white part of a leek)

Chicken & Rice Soup (8 servings at 3 WW points each)
* 8 cup fat-free chicken broth
* 1 cup uncooked brown rice
* 1 cup water
* 1 bell pepper (I used pieces from red, yellow, and orange)
* 1 cup onion
* 1/2 cup carrot
* 1 tsp herbs de provence
* 10 oz cooked chicken breast
Chop veggies into whatever size you like (food processor ok - any veggies you want).
Dump all ingredient into crockpot. Season with salt and pepper.
Cook on low all day.

From my fridge:



Here I am, slaving over the crockpot:



Mmmmm, smells good!



I'll be back to post the results.

I'm back. Soup was good. Nothing spectacular, but good and hearty - definitely a good winter meal that I'll do again.

No comments: