Friday, September 26, 2008

Tuscan Potato and Pepper Packets, 3 WW Points

We have been working hard remodeling our laundry room/pantry area, and master bathroom, so my house is in shambles. Seemed like a good night to do an easy dinner. Mark had picked up some cheese and asparagus stuffed chicken breasts at Safeway a week or so ago, so I pulled those out of the freezer. I did, however, try out a WW potato recipe to go along with them. Both were delicious. Well, sort of. I grilled the chicken, and it oozed a lot of cheese, causing some grill flames. As a result, the chicken got a little dried out. Would have been better off baking them, but I wanted to grill them with the potatoes and spare the heat in the kitchen. Oh well.

Tuscan Potato and Pepper Packets (3 WW points)
*from the WW web site
* 1 pound uncooked red potato(es), scrubbed and thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
* 1 medium yellow pepper(s), cut into thin strips (about 2 cups)
* 1 medium red onion(s), thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
* 1 Tbsp olive oil
* 2 medium garlic clove(s), minced
* 1 Tbsp rosemary, fresh, chopped, or less to taste*
* 1/2 tsp table salt
* 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
* Heat outdoor grill. Tear off four 12-inch long pieces of aluminum foil.

In a large bowl, combine all ingredients until mixed and coated. Spread about 1 1/2 cups of vegetable mixture in a fairly even layer near 1 end of each piece of foil. Fold foil over to form packets; fold edges in to form a tight seal.
Grill packets, turning a few times, until potatoes are tender, about 20 to 25 minutes. Yields 1 packet per serving.

Here are my ingredients:



I used pieces from red, yellow, and orange peppers. I also omitted the rosemary and used some garlic salt instead, because Mark isn't a big rosemary fan. To try to spare some calories, I used my olive oil sprayer and just lightly coated everything, rather than measuring out a whole tablespoon.

Ready to grill:



Here are the chicken breasts. Don't they look absolutely sinful?



At about 6 ounces a breast (I'm just guessing on the unstuffed weight) and a pound of cheese each, they were like 97 points. Fortunately, a lot of the cheese was lost in cooking. My guess is 6 oz of chicken at 4 points, 1 ounce of cheddar at 3 points, and 0 points for the asparagus, and we're looking at 7 points each. They looked so simple, I'm thinking of making my own using feta or goat cheese sometime. I'll keep you updated. In the meantime, feel free to drool. Just don't lean over your keyboard, it's not good for the keys.



No comments: