Monday, December 15, 2008

Gooey Butter Cookies (3WW Points)

I'm sure the last thing you want to know is how many points are in those yummy holiday cookies. Well, if you don't want to know, get your recipes from somewhere else. I tell it like it is.

I got this recipe from this site. There were tons of good looking recipes, it was very hard to choose. Since Mark ate 4 of these in about 5 minutes, I think this was a good choice. They were the easiest cookie ever. And they were definitely gooey.

I ended up with 35 cookies, which is how I calculated the points. They were fairly small (not tiny, just not big). I liked this, it makes it possible to enjoy one and still eat your acceptable number of points for the day.

Ingredients



8 oz light cream cheese
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 large egg
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
12 box yellow cake mix
3 tbsp powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350 F. In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter.



Stir in the egg and vanilla.



Add cake mix, and stir until well blended.



Roll into 1" balls and then roll the balls in the powdered sugar. Place 1 inch apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.



Bake for 10 to 13 minutes. Remove from baking sheets to cool on wire racks.



Try not to eat the whole pan. Seriously. I dare you to eat just one. Or even four.

No comments: